Violent weekend continues with three more gun deaths reported across Philadelphia overnight

Reed Street Homicide

A police investigator picks up a handgun at the scene of a fatal shooting in the Point Breeze section of Philadelphia Sunday night. Photograph for the Gun Crisis Reporting Project by Joseph Kaczmarek.

Investigator look for fingerprints.

Investigator look for fingerprints.

According to police, they received a radio call for gunshots just after 9 p.m. and responded to find a 32-year-old man fatally wounded on Reed Street near 27th Street. He was suffering from gunshots to his arms, leg and chest.

Officers rushed the victim to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was pronounced dead, police said.

A .357 caliber handgun was recovered at the scene, according to investigators. Neighbors sat outside their homes discussing gun violence as police conducted their investigation.

Slideshow: Point Breeze shooting scene photographs by Joseph Kaczmarek.

[slideshow_deploy id=’12843′]

The Philadelphia Daily News and 6ABC also have reports form the Point Breeze incident.

An 18-year-old was man shot and killed on a basketball court near B Street and Olney Avenue in East Oak Lane around 10 p.m. Sunday, according to a 6ABC report, adding that authorities reported at least 12 people on the court at the time.

Another man was shot to death overnight in Hunting Park. CBS3 reported that the 35-year-old victim was shot in the back on the 700 block of Luzerne Street around 2:30 a.m. Police rushed him to Temple University Hospital where he was pronounced dead, according to 6ABC.

Shortly before 3 a.m., a gunshot victim arrived at Temple University Hospital in a private auto. Police found a bullet-riddled pickup truck on West York Street near north 17th, where the incident took place. 6ABC reported that the man was shot seven times.

6ABC reported that police found another man wounded on Torresdale Avenue in Tacony, although the shooting victim told officers he had been shot while driving on City Avenue near Belmont Avenue.

Philadelphia Police were also investigating the shooting death of a man in the city’s Port Richmond section Sunday morning. The 21-year-old victim was shot multiple times in the back and face just after 11:15 a.m. on the 2000 block of Bellmore Avenue, according to a CBS3 report. 6ABC reported that medics transported him to Temple University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Three more people were shot to death earlier this weekend, as we previously reported.

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on TumblrShare on LinkedInEmail this to someone