According to investigators, police responded to reports of gunfire on East Wyoming Avenue near D Street shortly after 3 a.m. and found two men with gunshot wounds.
6ABC is reporting that police said both men were shot inside the Marmeliz bar by a gunman firing from outside. According to Fox29, one man was shot twice in the back and taken to Temple University Hospital in critical condition, while another man in his 20s was shot in the foot and taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center.
Altogether, three men were killed and six more were wounded in five incidents reported between Tuesday afternoon and early Wednesday morning. Check our previous reports:
- Two fatal shootings begin violent outbreak in Philadelphia
- Man killed, two wounded in West Oak Lane shooting late Tuesday
Tuesday’s incidents were clustered across neighborhood on the northern end of Philadelphia, from East Germantown to Feltonville:
Posted by Jim MacMillan
To find help or lend your support, check the the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.