Police were looking for evidence after a 35-year-old man was shot in the head early Wednesday on East Luray Street, near D Street and East Wyoming Avenue in the Feltonville section of Philadelphia. According to investigators, police responded to area shortly after 12:30 a.m., found the victim inside a car parked in a driveway, and rushed him to Temple University Hospital.
Fox29 reported that the wounded man was in critical condition, and NBC10 had a brief video report. Police said that the victim did not live on the street but may have been visiting a nearby bar, and that they found one fired shell casing as well as a live 9mm round outside the car.
Medics rushed a 31-year-old man to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was listed in stable condition with a leg wound after he was shout on South 57th Street near Catherine Street in West Philadelphia, shortly after 7 a.m. Wednesday. Local media reports indicate that the victim may have boarded one or two SEPTA buses after he was shot: CBS3 • 6ABC • NBC10 • Fox29
The Philadelphia Police Department has reported arrests in shooting cases in Logan and Manayunk, and released new surveillance video seeking suspects wanted for a shooting last weekend in Fishtown. Check our recent post for more police surveillance videos seeking Philadelphia gun suspects, and check phillypolice.com for the latest additions.
Police have at least one suspect in custody after a spree of armed robberies targeting deliverymen in Upper Darby, Delaware County, according to CBS3. Philly.com is reporting that two South Jersey teens were waived to adult court Tuesday after admitting to their roles in a fatal shooting last summer in Gloucester Township, NJ.
Keep up with national issues and incidents by following @GunCrisisUS on Twitter.
Posted by Jim MacMillan
To find help or lend your support, check the the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.