Neighbors looked on as police gathered evidence around the victim’s body after a 36-year-old man was shot and killed early Thursday in the East Falls section of Philadelphia. According to police, officers responded to radio calls just after 1 a.m. and found the victim on Defense Terrace, in the Philadelphia Housing Authority’s Abbotsford Homes development.
The latest police information indicates that 52 people have been murdered this year in Philadelphia, running 27 percent ahead of the pace for 2013, but still representing a 31 percent decrease when compared with 2012.
Two earlier incidents were also reported: A 26-year-old man was listed in stable condition at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania after he was shot multiple times Wednesday afternoon on South Ringgold Street, near Morris and South 24th Streets in South Philadelphia. And a 61-year-old man was hospitalized Wednesday afternoon after he was assaulted during a gunpoint home invasion in the Cedar Park section of West Philadelphia.
Posted by Jim MacMillan
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, check out the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.