Philadelphia Police investigators were gathering evidence on Friendship Street between Sackett Street and Rowland Avenue in the Mayfair section of the city after gunfire left one man critically wounded Saturday night. According to police, officers found the victim when they responded to 911 calls for a shooting at 8:20 p.m.
A 23-year-old man was critically wounded in a separate incident, on Dyre Street in East Frankford. Check in later for a report from the scene.
The latest incidents continue a violent stretch of Philadelphia shootings which had already left three dead and eight wounded between Wednesday morning and Saturday morning, as we previously reported.
Posted by Jim MacMillan
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, check out the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.