Police in Cheltenham Township, Pa., said that they found one man outside with a head injury and another man inside with a gunshot wound to the leg when they responded to a home on Central Avenue after a report of a shooting just after 5 p.m. Monday. The outside victim had apparently jumped from an upstairs window to escape the gunman during the incident, but had not been shot.
Police said both men were taken to Abington Memorial Hospital and they were still looking for the gunman who may have fled across the nearby city line into Philadelphia. CBS3 and NBC10 also had reports.
Two men were shot and killed in separate Philadelphia incidents Monday. Check in later for more information.
Posted by Jim MacMillan
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, check out the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.