Police rushed a shooting victim to Einstein Medical Center following an incident early Sunday on Old York Road in the Logan section of Philadelphia, but he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Update: Police have identified the victim as Hai Luu, 39, of Cherry Hill, N.J, according to the Philadelphia Daily News.
According to investigators, police responded to the area for reports of gunfire shortly before 3 a.m. and found a man in his late twenties on the sidewalk, suffering from gunshot wounds in the torso. Officers handcuffed one man and recovered two guns at the scene.
Police said that an argument broke out at a house party and spilled out into the street, according to 6ABC. NBC10 reported that investigators were not certain if the victim was involved in the fight or an innocent bystander.
As we recently reported, nearly half of the homicides reported in Philadelphia last year resulted from arguments.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, check out the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.