- Media reports: Child killed in Mantua
- Five men shot Thursday in Philadelphia
- Gunman fires at Philadelphia Police officers overnight; suspect captured
- 2014 Fort Hood shooting: national and local news coverage
- Communities gathering to address gun violence in Philadelphia
- First quarter homicides up 13 percent in Philadelphia; latest outbreak continues overnight
- Mapped: Violent outbreak continues with eight people shot Sunday in Philadelphia
- Updated: Weekend gun violence leaves three dead, four wounded in Philadelphia
- Fatal shooting follows argument in Logan overnight
- #GunCrisis: Philadelphia Week in Review
Above: Police found a gun and arrested one man after a shooter opened fire on police officers following an attempted traffic stop in West Philadelphia early Thursday, according to officials.
At top of page: Police gathered evidence at the scene after two men were struck in a shooting late Thursday night on West Cumberland Street near 11th Street in the Hartranft section of Philadelphia.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, check out the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.