Above: Philadelphia Police have released video footage in search of the suspect wanted after a shooting and attempted robbery early Tuesday in Kensington. Customers can be seen struggling with a man who appears to pull a gun, as we previously reported.
Philadelphia Police rushed a 17-year-old to Temple University Hospital, where he was listed in stable condition after he was shot in the arm inside a home late Tuesday night, on Jasper Street near East Tioga Street in the Harrowgate section of Kensington.
According to a report from NBC10, investigators said that the teen and his friend were playing with a gun it went off. As we previously reported, an 11-year-old girl was killed in an accidental shooting last weekend in the Mantua section of West Philadelphia.
The Richard Johnson Center for Anti-Violence at Saint Joseph’s University hosted a candlelight vigil Tuesday evening to honor the 247 homicide victims in Philadelphia during 2012. Photograph for the Gun Crisis Reporting Project by Jim MacMillan.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, check out the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.