- #GunCrisis Updates: Vigil in Chester County; shootings continue in Philadelphia
- Four men shot in six hours Thursday night in Philadelphia; community responding
- One man killed, three critically wounded in latest Philadelphia shootings
- #GunCrisis Updates: Surveillance videos, accidental shooting and candlelight memorial
- Latest shooting victims reported in Feltonville, Kensington and Northeast Philadelphia
- Two 11-year-olds shot during brutal Philadelphia weekend
- Media Reports: Second child shot this weekend in Philadelphia
- #GunCrisis: Philadelphia Week in Review
- Above: Family, friends and neighbors gather on Wallace Street in Mantua last Sunday, one day after 11-year-old Jamara Stevens was killed in an accidental shooting.
- At top of page: Mourners light candles for Jamara Stevens during last Sunday’s vigil.
- Photographs for the Gun Crisis Reporting Project by Joseph Kaczmarek.
Latest incidents: Three people were listed in stable condition at area hospitals after two shooting incidents were reported Saturday afternoon in Philadelphia.
A 21-year-old man was shot in the leg and an 18-year-old man was shot in the ankle at about 2:45 p.m. on West Diamond Street near 23rd Street in North Philadelphia. 6ABC, NBC10, Fox29 and Philly.com had brief reports.
A 23-year-old woman was in stable condition with a grazing face wound after a shooting reported shortly after 4 p.m. on Charles Street near East Cheltenham Avenue in the Wissinoming section of the city. As we previously reported, five men were shot Friday night in in the city.
In Chester, Pa., a four-year-old boy was struck and killed by a passing van Saturday, hours after attending funeral services for his father, who was shot to death last week, according to a report from The Philadelphia Inquirer.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, check out the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.