Two men shot in Overbrook home:One man was pronounced dead at the scene, and police rushed another to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania with a leg wound, following a shooting around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday inside a home on Wyndale Avenue, near 58th Street and Malvern Avenue in the Overbrook section of Philadelphia. Police found a 22-year-old resident shot in the leg, according to CBS3. Officials told NBC10 that the wounded man returned home with his 26-year-old live-in fiance and found four or five men, some wearing masks and some carrying guns, burglarizing a second floor bedroom. Police say one of five burglars was shot and killed, according to 6ABC, but the Philadelphia Daily News reported that it was not clear who fired the shots that wounded the two victims. According to The Philadelphia Inquirer, police were broadcasting a preliminary description of possible suspects as men in masks who fled the scene in a white utility truck with a ladder on it.
Shooting in Fern Rock:In a later incident, police rushed a 31-year-old man to Einstein Medical Center, where he was reported in critical condition with multiple leg wounds after he was shot just after 11 p.m. on North Camac Street, near West Chew Avenue and North 13th Street in the Fern Rock section of the city. NBC10 has a brief video report.
New Year’s 2013 murder:Police have arrested Joshua Williams, 19, of Pratt Street near Frankford Avenue, on murder charges for the New Year's Day 2013 gun slaying of Tyjuan Shields, 24, according to the Philadelphia Daily News. Joseph Kaczmarek covered the violent first day of last year.
Suburban shooting incident:A gas station clerk was shot in the leg during a robbery early Wednesday morning in East Norriton Township. Initial reports indicated that multiple suspects were involved, according to a report from timesherald.com.
Local and regional headlines:
- Gunman robs escorts after meeting them online, police say
- Search for Whitpain Township bank robbery suspect leads to school lockdowns
- Police In Camden County Renewing Efforts To Find Out Who Killed Mother Of 3
- Reward increased for information on 2008 Camden homicide
- Sketch released in backyard murder of father of 3 in Wilmington
Chicago:A 14-year-old girl is accused of shooting another 14-year-old girl following a Facebook dispute over a boy, according to the New York Daily News. Posted by Jim MacMillan.
Using GunCrisis.org:If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.