Police were called to the scene after a group of children found a body wrapped in a sheet and duct tape around 6:15 p.m. Thursday, on North 11th Street near West Cumberland Street in the Hartranft section of North Philadelphia. According to a police source, the victim was a man who had suffered multiple gunshot wounds.
UPDATE: Police have now identified the victim as Shaquille Hall, 21, according to the Philadelphia Daily News.
As we reported earlier, seven more shooting victims were reported in Philadelphia between Thursday morning and early Friday.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
Using GunCrisis.org:If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.