Five men have been wounded — two critically — in separate Philadelphia shooting incidents since our last report. At the Gun Crisis Reporting Project, we have now tracked 21 gunshot victims reported in the city during the first three days of May, based on original reporting, media reports, police officials and other sources. Among the victims, four men are dead, five more were initially reported in critical condition and the remaining survivors include three teens and a 12-year-old boy.
Shooting incidents reported on May 1st:
- Medics rushed a 26-year-old man to Einstein Medical Center, where he was listed in stable condition after he was shot in the chest inside a home around 5 a.m. Thursday on West Louden Street near 15th Street in the Logan section of the city.
- Police rushed a 37-year-old man to Temple University Hospital, where he was reported stable after he was shot on Paul Street near Womrath Street in Frankford around 9:30 a.m.
- A 16-year-old was in stable condition at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia after he was shot around 4 p.m. on South Taylor Street near Tasker Street in South Philadelphia.
- Police were called to the scene after a group of children found a body wrapped in a sheet and duct tape around 6:15 p.m. Thursday, on North 11th Street near West Cumberland Street in the Hartranft section of North Philadelphia. According to a police source, the victim was a man who had suffered multiple gunshot wounds.
Shooting incidents reported on May 2nd:
- Police rushed a 17-year-old to Temple, where he was listed as stable after he was shot twice in the back shortly after midnight Friday inside a home on East Stella Street near Frankford Avenue in Kensington.
- Two men are dead and a third was reported in critical condition after they were shot outside a bar around 1:30 a.m. Friday, on North 52nd Street near Girard Avenue in the Parkside section of West Philadelphia.
- Two men were listed in stable condition at Temple University Hospital after they were wounded in a double shooting around 2:45 p.m. Friday on Hope Street, neat Front and Somerset Streets in the Fairhill section of North Philadelphia.
- A 12-year-old boy was shot in the leg and a 21-year-old man was critically wounded in a shooting incident Friday night, shortly after 9 p.m. on Van Kirk Street near Rising Sun Avenue in the Lawncrest section of Philadelphia.
- Police rushed a 51-year-old man to Temple University Hospital, where he was reported stable after he was shot in the arm and leg during an attempted robbery around 9:45 p.m. Friday at West Lehigh and North Park Avenues in North Philadelphia.
- A 24-year-old man was stable at Lankenau Medical Center after he was shot in the foot shortly after 11 p.m. on 51st Street in West Philadelphia.
Shooting incidents reported on May 3rd:
- Medics rushed a critically wounded 36-year-old man to Temple University Hospital after he was shot in the back early Saturday morning at 21st and Westmoreland Streets in North Philadelphia.
- A 29-year-old man was shot in the leg around 9:45 a.m. Saturday on East Sharpnack Street, near Musgrave Street in Germantown. He was listed in stable condition at Einstein.
- A 31-year-old man was listed in critical condition with multiple gunshot wounds after arrived at the Aria Health Frankford Campus late Saturday afternoon. It was not clear where the shooting took place.
- A 32-year-old man was reported in stable condition after he walked into Temple with a hand wound Saturday evening. He was stuck while inside a barber shop on Germantown Avenue near West Russell Street, just across the street from the hospital’s emergency bay. The shot was fired during an argument outside.
- Police rushed an 18-year-old man to Temple, where he was stable with leg wounds after a shooting on Boudinot Street, near East Cambria and C Streets just after 9 p.m.
- A 39-year-old man was listed in stable condition at Temple after he was shot in the hand Saturday night on North Reese Street, near West Huntingdon and North 6th Streets in the Fairhill section of North Philadelphia.
- A 29-year-old man was in critical condition at Temple after he was shot in the back Saturday night on North 12th Street near West Huntingdon in the Hartranft section of North Philadelphia.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.