Police say that Devin Bullock, the 19-year-old high school basketball star wounded in a Brewerytown shooting two weeks ago, has died, according to a report from The Philadelphia Inquirer.
This morning on Twitter, @LVBballRankings posted photos of Devin Bullock:
“You better remember me cause your going to be saying my name all game!” – Devin Bullock @ Senior Who’s BAD Classic pic.twitter.com/K3FmJu4V0g
— LVBR (@LVBballRankings) May 5, 2014
A Philadelphia Police commander recently tweeted that suspect James Cole had surrendered, one day after police had turned to the public for assistance. NBC10 spoke with Bullock’s family last week, while he was still fighting for his life.
Joe Kaczmarek covered the original incident for the Gun Crisis Reporting Project last month: Five wounded in latest Philadelphia shootings
As we reported earlier today, six more people were shot overnight in Philadelphia, bringing the total victim count for the first five days May month to 27.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.