Two men were wounded at each of three shooting incidents reported Tuesday in North and West Philadelphia. Two men were killed and and four more were wounded in additional separate incidents.
Police cars rushed two men — ages 20 and 25 – to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where both were reported in stable condition after each suffered multiple gunshot wounds around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday in the are of 51st and Race Streets in the Dunlap section of West Philadelphia, as seen in the photos above. According to police, officers responded to numerous 911 calls reporting a shooting. At the scene, police marked 25 pieces of ballistic evidence as neighbors gathered to watch.
Tuesday’s first double shooting was reported around 5 p.m., just a few blocks away, on Haverford Avenue in the Mill Creek section of West Philadelphia. One man was in critical condition with multiple gunshot wounds and a second was stable with a leg wound — both at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
Two more men — ages 20 and 23 — were listed in critical condition at Temple University Hospital with multiple gunshot wounds after they were struck around 8:30 p.m. on West Cumberland Street near North 29th in the Strawberry Mansion section of North Philadelphia. Police said a dozen 9mm fired shell casing were found at the scene, shown above.
Previous reports on Tuesday's outbreak:
- Mapped: Two dead and ten wounded in nine shooting incidents reported Tuesday in Philadelphia
- Crime scene report: Fatal shooting Tuesday in Feltonville
- Media reports: Tuesday night violence in Philadelphia
- Live blog: Gun violence breaks out across Philadelphia Tuesday night
- One dead, three wounded in latest outbreak of shootings in Philadelphia
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
Using GunCrisis.org:If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.