A new outbreak of shootings has emerged following a brief period of peace in Philadelphia.
Woman critically wounded:A 30-year-old woman was reported in critical condition at Temple University Hospital after she was shot in the leg around 12:15 a.m. Thursday, at the scene pictured above, in the area of East Orleans and Emerald Street in the Kensington section of Philadelphia. According to investigators, police responded to calls reporting gunfire and found four fired shell casings from a large caliber handgun but no victim.
When the wounded woman arrived at the hospital, she said she had ben shot on East Orleans Street, police said. NBC10 had a video report.
Fatal shooting in West Philadelphia:The first victim in the latest outbreak was a 24-year-old man who was pronounced daed at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania after he was shot just before noon Wednesday on North Frazier Street, near Thompson and 57th Streets in the Carroll Park section of West Philadelphia.
Two men were arrested, including one who was critically wounded when he was struck by a car as he tried to flee the scene, according to a report from the Philadelphia Daily News.
North Philadelphia murder:A man in his 20s was pronounced dead at Hahnemann University Hospital around 5 a.m. Thursday after he was shot twice in the chest in the area of 10th Street and Girard Avenue in North Philadelphia.
Man killed in East Germantown:A 25-year-old man was found shot to death in a car around 6:30 a.m. Thursday at Belfield Avenue and Armstrong Street in East Germantown. The victim was found a short distance from LaSalle University, according to CBS3. The Philadelphia Inquirer also reported on the last two homicides.
Latest incidents:A 22-year-old man was listed in stable condition at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania with two gunshot wounds following an incident around 10:30 a.m. Thursday on South Bambrey Street, near 26th and Dickinson Streets in South Philadelphia.
Police rushed a 31-year-old man to Temple, where he was listed in stable condition after he was shot several times at West Dauphin and North Colorado Streets, near 17th Street in North Philadelphia around 1:45 p.m. Thursday.
Suspects sought:Police have released surveillance videos in hopes of identifying the suspects wanted in connection with robberies in the Hunting Park and Olney sections of Philadelphia.
Case updates:Defendants were scheduled to go to trial Tuesday for the death of Philadelphia Police Officer Moses Walker, according to a tweet from the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office. The Associated Press has a report.
Police said that a man was charged with attempted murder in connection with a shooting last month that occurred during what was supposed to be the sale of a dirt bike listed on Craigslist, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer.
Regional report:A woman has been charged with shooting her husband to death Wednesday in Delaware, according to reports from NBC10 and Fox29.
One man was shot after leaving a club in Allentown earlier this week, according to mcall.com.
A man shot Monday in Trenton, NJ, was the city’s fourth shooting victim in three days, according to nj.com.
Authorities are offering a reward to anyone who supplies video evidence of the incident that led to the shooting deaths of two 20-year-old Millville residents last week, according to another report from nj.com.
- Arizona: Boy, 3, kills baby while playing with gun Tuesday
- Baltimore: Police make arrests in two triple shootings
- California: Three shot Monday in East Bakersfield
- Chicago: Eight wounded in shootings across city Tuesday
- Florida: Mother, daughter shot in domestic disturbance
- Michigan: 13-Year-Old Fatally Shot In Kalamazoo
- Milwaukee: Seven people shot Sunday night and early Monday
- Milwaukee: Two teens were shot while arguing over who got to sit where inside a car
- NYC: Two dead, seven hurt in shootings Monday night
- Ohio: Four dead, eight wounded in violent holiday weekend
- San Francisco: Bayview shooting leaves one dead, two injured Monday
- Toledo: One killed, three others hurt in shooting Sunday
Using GunCrisis.org:If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.