Shootings have left five men wounded — one critically — in Philadelphia since our last briefing Thursday.
- Police rushed a 31-year-old man to Temple University Hospital, where he was listed in stable condition with multiple gunshot wounds after an incident reported around 1:45 p.m. Thursday at Dauphin and Colorado Streets, near 17th Street in North Philadelphia.
- A 22-year-old man was critically wounded in a shooting Thursday night on North Salford Street, near 60th and Arch Streets in West Philadelphia. The victim was shot in the back around 8 p.m. and rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, according to 6ABC.
- Police rushed an 18-year-old man to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was reported in stable condition after he was shot in the back of the head around 8:30 p.m. Thursday, at Osage Avenue and 62nd Street in West Philadelphia — at the scene pictured above. According to police, officers responded to calls reporting gunfire and found the victim with a gunshot wound to the back of his head. A handgun and 22 pieces of ballistic evidence of two different calibers were found at the scene, police said. The Philadelphia Inquirer has a brief report in both Thursday night incidents in West Philadelphia. The 6200 block of Osage Avenue was also the scene of the historic 1985 MOVE confrontation in Philadelphia.
- As we reported earlier, a 20-year-old man was wounded in a shooting Thursday night near the main campus of Temple University in North Philadelphia.
- Finally, a 20-year-old man was reported stable at Temple with an arm wound after he was shot around 11 a.m. Friday on 12th Street near Girard Avenue in North Philadelphia.
Updates:The Philadelphia Daily News has identified the young man killed Thursday morning in Germantown as Tyrek Connor, 25. NBC10 has video of a SWAT officer leading students to safety during Wednesday’s lockdown, after a person with a gun was reported on the campus.
Regional report:A man was shot in the face near a youth peace march Friday morning in Camden, according to nj.com. A police officer was robber at gunpoint in Atlantic City last February, according to a new report from NBC10. Three men were indicted this week in connection with the robbery and shooting death of a Woodbury gas, NJ station attendant last simmer, according to nj.com.
A man in his 20s was shot in the chest Thursday night in Wilmington, Delaware, just hours after Wilmington's new police chief officially took over, according to a 6ABC report. A 59-year-old man was shot several times in an Allentown, Pennsylvania laundromat Thursday afternoon, according to mcall.com.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
Using GunCrisis.org:If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.