A 30-year-old woman was reported in stable condition at Temple University Hospital after she was wounded in a shooting shortly before midnight Wednesday on North Broad Street near Brown Street in North Philadelphia.
According to investigators, police received numerous 911 calls reporting a fight and shooting outside a bar but arrived to find only blood and fired shell casings near a gas station. After checking local hospitals, police found the victim at Temple, suffering from a gunshot would to her left hand.
Police said an argument between two women began in a bar and spilled out into the street before the other woman opened fire and fled the scene, according to a 6ABC.
In 2013, 79 women and girls were shot in Philadelphia, down from 116 in 2012, according to Philadelphia Police data.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
Using GunCrisis.org:If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.