A 43-year-old man was killed and a 31-year-old woman was critically wounded in a double shooting reported shortly after 11 p.m. Saturday at the intersection of North 5th Street and Roosevelt Boulevard. Responding Philadelphia Police officers rushed both victims to Temple University Hospital but the man was pronounced dead early Sunday with multiple gunshot wounds. The woman was shot twice.
Update: Family members identified the victim as 43-year-old Todd Riley – a father of two, according to 6ABC: http://ow.ly/xLIhF
A family walks past the shooting scene at North 5th Street and Roosevelt Boulevard. The sprawling underpass intersection joins the neighborhoods of Feltonville, Hunting Park and Olney. Photograph for the Gun Crisis Reporting Project by Joseph Kaczmarek.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.