The latest updates are at the top of the list below.
This live report has concluded. Check the home page now for the latest information: http://guncrisis.org/
Breaking Monday: Child shot in Point Breeze:
Medics rushed a 13-year-old boy to Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, where he was listed in stable condition after he was shot around 4:40 p.m. on Mountain Street, near 20th and Morris Streets in the Point Breeze section of South Philadelphia. A police standoff followed at a home near the incident scene but the shooting suspect was not located.
Neighbors watched as SWAT officers search the area:
Photograph for the Gun Crisis Reporting Project by Joseph Kaczmarek.
According to NBC10: The boy was struck once in the left arm and once in the buttocks. http://ow.ly/y6LMd
The Philadelphia Daily News reported that the shooting followed a dispute over a stolen bike: http://ow.ly/y75xo
National news: Latest child shootings:
• Missouri: 11-year-old recovering after St. Louis shooting http://ow.ly/y6nta
• North Carolina: 10-year-old shot while playing outside http://ow.ly/y6nCi
• New York: Three shot, including 9-year-old girl, at Yonkers pizza shop http://ow.ly/y6pfr
• Ohio: Two-year-old shot and killed by his own father http://ow.ly/y6oWP
• Tennessee: Mother, 4-month-old son sent to Memphis hospitals following shooting http://ow.ly/y6pba
• Texas: Six-year-old shot in shoulder http://ow.ly/y6oZs
• Virgina: Police say pair fled after 3-year-old shot http://ow.ly/y6p7u
• Wisconsin: Four-year-old shot during a barbecue in Milwaukee http://ow.ly/y6nLx
• Wisconsin: Baby is grazed by bullet in north side Milwaukee shooting http://ow.ly/y6odZ
Police rushed a 38-year-old man to Temple University Hospital after he was shot in the leg inside a bar, around 1:15 a.m. Monday at North 2nd and Somerset Streets in the Fairhill section of North Philadelphia.
Joe Kaczmarek photographed the scene for the Gun Crisis Reporting Project:
Police believe the fight broke out in the bar and that one man took out a gun and fired, according to NBC10: http://ow.ly/y5eK9 6ABC reported that the victim was in stable condition: http://ow.ly/y5eEe
Man shot early Monday:
Medics rushed a 19-year-old man to Temple University Hospital, where he was listed in stable condition after he was shot in the leg just after midnight at 6th and Norris Streets in North Philadelphia.
Police are investigating two overnight shootings in Philadelphia. Media reports indicate weekend shooting victims in Allentown and Bethlemen as well.
Check in again for the latest updates.