Police rushed two men to Temple University Hospital after they were wounded by gunfire just before 3:30 p.m. Sunday on North Randolph Street, near Allegheny Avenue, between 5th and 6th Streets in North Philadelphia.
According to police, officers heard gunfire and responded to the block to find two men involved in a shootout. Police fired and struck one man in the shoulder. Officials said the other man was critically wounded by one of the gunmen in the original incident.
On nearby North Fairhill Street, police taped off an area to search for evidence around a small swimming pool and other children’s toys.
As we reported on our live weekend blog, a 22-year-old man was shot early Sunday morning in the Hartranft section of North Philadelphia and a 21-year-old was shot Sunday afternoon in Olney. Weekend shooting victims were also reported in Harrowgate and South Philadelphia.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
Using GunCrisis.org:If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.