Police rushed a 23-year-old man to Temple University Hospital, where he was reported in stable condition after he was shot multiple times late Wednesday night on North 33rd Street in the Strawberry Mansion section of Philadelphia.
According to investigators, officers from the 22nd Police District were investigating one gunfire report when they followed the sound of additional gunshots and found the wounded man nearby.
Three more shooting victims were reported Thursday morning in Philadelphia. Follow our daily live blog for more information. Visit: Daily Report: 06.19.14
As we previously reported, four men were shot on Father’s Day in Philadelphia, two men and a child were shot Monday, two more men were wounded Tuesday, and four people were wounded Wednesday — one fatally.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.