Police rushed a 14-year-old boy to Einstein Medical Center after he was shot in the leg around 5:30 p.m. Friday at 10th and Ruscomb Streets in the Logan section of Philadelphia.
According to police, a gunman began firing along Ruscomb Street at an unknown target but struck the child and a 27-year-old man, who was also struck in the leg and treated at Einstein. Both victims were reported in stable condition.
Police said they located at least fourteen fired shell casings at the scene, just across the street from a day care center, which was open at the time.
At least six more people were wounded in Philadelphia shooting incidents reported between Friday afternoon and early Saturday morning. Follow our live blog for the latest news: Weekend Report: 06.20.14 -- 06.22.14
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
Using GunCrisis.org:If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.