Young men watched as homicide investigators gathered at the scene of a fatal shooting early Saturday on Rosalie Street near Colgate Street in the Crescentville section of Philadelphia.
According to police, officers from the 2nd district responded to calls of a shooting shortly before 2 a.m. and found the man lying in the street. Medics arrived soon after but pronounced the victim dead on the on location, police said. Investigators at the scene estimated that he was in his 20s and reported finding one fired shell casing.
According to a report from NBC10, the victim was struck once in the chest.
Five separate shooting incident have left seven more people wounded since Friday afternoon in Cedarbrook, Frankford, Logan, North Philadelphia and South Philadelphia. Follow our live blog for the latest news: Weekend Report: 06.20.14 — 06.22.14
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.