Police gathered evidence at the scene after a man was shot and killed outside the Galaxy Lounge early Saturday, at Germantown Avenue and Rising Sun Avenue in the Franklinville section of Philadelphia. Officers rushed the 24-year-old victim to Temple University Hospital but he was pronounced dead a short time later. 6ABC, NBC10, Fox29 and Philly.com also have reports.
Eight people were shot — two fatally — in the span of three hours ending ending early Sunday morning. The other overnight fatality was a 16-year-old.
We are checking into the report of a shooting Sunday afternoon in West Oak Lane, which would bring the weekend total to 16 people shot in Philadelphia.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
Using GunCrisis.org:If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.