A 24-year-old man was shot and fatally wounded while behind the wheel of a car, around 2:15 a.m. Friday on Germantown Avenue between North Broad and West Butler Streets in the Tioga section of Philadelphia. Police rushed the man, who had been struck in the back and abdomen, to nearby Temple University Hospital, but he did not survive his wounds.
Police told CBS3 that shell casings found near the car indicated a point blank attack. Two others were in the car but were not hurt, according to 6ABC. NBC10 reported that several business in the are had security cameras and that investigators would be reviewing the footage.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
Using GunCrisis.org:If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.