Medics pronounced a 25-year-old man dead at the scene after he was shot just after 3 p.m. Saturday on Penn Street, between Frankford Avenue and Ruan Street in the Frankford section of Philadelphia.
Just after midnight Sunday, medics rushed a 21-year-old woman to the Aria Health Torresdale Campus after she was shot in the leg on Foulkrod Street near Frankford Avenue in Frankford, less than a mile form the earlier incident scene.
Altogether, gun violence this weekend in Philadelphia has left two men dead and five people wounded, including a 17-year-old girl.
In national news: Nine people were wounded in a mass shooting on Bourbon Street in New Orleans’ French Quarter early Sunday.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
Using GunCrisis.org:If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.