Two young men were wounded in a shooting incident reported late Wednesday afternoon at the Simons Community Recreation Center, on East Walnut Lane near Woolston Street in the West Oak Lane section of Philadelphia. Police rushed an 18-year-old man to Einstein Medical Center, where he was listed in critical condition. Medics rushed a 19-year-old to Einstein, where he was in stable condition.
Officials said there were more than 50 people on the playground at the time, according to 6ABC. Police told the Philadelphia Daily News that no arrests were made last night but CBS3 reported police were seeking two suspects.
Police told NBC10 that an unidentified gunmen fired at least eleven shots. The Philadelphia Inquirer reported that the two victims were reportedly playing basketball before they were shot. According to Fox29, police were reviewing video from city police cameras that may have been pointed in the direction of the incident.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
Using GunCrisis.org:If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.