Police rushed two shooting victims to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania following an incident which took place shortly before 11 p.m. Tuesday night on Fairmount Avenue near 49th Street in the Mill Creek section of West Philadelphia. A 16-year-old boy was shot in the neck and torso, and 24-year-old man was shot multiple times in one arm.
Police found the victims when as they responded to multiple reports of gunshots. They also found five spent shell casing and two weapons in the area.
Both victims were listed in stable condition, according to a report from 6ABC, but we could find no other media reports from this incident.
Numerous events were held across Philadelphia Tuesday night in conjunction with National Night Out, “America’s Night Out Against Crime.”
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.