Above: Police investigate the scene of a fatal shooting and ensuing car accident Thursday night in the Hartranft section of North Philadelphia. Photograph for the Gun Crisis Reporting project by Joseph Kaczmarek.
After a 48-hour period passed with only two shooting victims reported in Philadelphia, a sudden outbreak of gun violence left one young man dead and four more men wounded during a 24-hour period ending Thursday night:
- Man wounded late Wednesday in Feltonville
- Young man wounded early Thursday in Southwest Philadelphia shooting
- Two men wounded in Point Breeze
- Young man killed in Hartranft Thursday night
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.