A 25-year-old man was reported in extremely critical condition after he was shot in the head while driving with his family past an active shooting scene late Saturday night, in the area of Whitaker and East Wyoming Avenues in the Juniata Park section of Philadelphia.
Police rushed the victim to Temple University Hospital, where he was listed in extremely critical condition, according to officials. The wounded man’s wife, six-year-old daughter and six-month-old baby — who were also riding in the car — were not struck but appeared to be extremely disturbed by the experience, according to sources at the scene.
Police rushed two more innocent bystanders to Temple, where they were listed in stable condition after they were struck during the same incident, while riding in another passing car. A 44-year-old man was shot in the neck and a 35-year-old man suffered a grazing face wound.
According to police, an argument led to one man firing several shots in a driveway near the corner of Wyoming and Tampa Streets, striking another man as well.
Medic rushed that 23-year-old to Einstein Medical Center, where he was reported in stable condition with leg wounds. He was the intended target, accord to an NBC10 report.
Another bullet went into a nearby home with a family of three inside, but nobody was struck, according to a report from 6ABC.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.