Police rushed a 20-year-old man to Temple University Hospital after he was shot outside the Dell Music Center in Fairmount Park, on the edge of Philadelphia’s Strawberry Mansion neighborhood around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday.
According to a report from CBS3, the victim died early Thursday at the hospital.
Update: Police have now identified the victim as Alexis Guevera, according to 6ABC.
A concert underway was called “Philly Support Philly: Peace on the Streets,” according to the center’s Facebook page.
Police told Fox29 that the shooter opened fire, striking the victim twice. Police said that the victim was shot at close range by a teenage boy, according to the Philadelphia Daily News. The Philadelphia Inquirer reported that he was struck in the stomach and thigh.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.