After starting this year with more shooting victims than were reported during January and February of 2013, ensuing monthly declines have now placed Philadelphia nearly five percent behind last year’s pace through July.
(View the interactive version.)
Monthly gunshot victims:
- Philadelphia shooting victim map: January, 2014
- February shootings less frequent but more lethal; more women wounded and killed
- Philadelphia shooting victim report: March 2014
- Philadelphia shooting climb through April; still behind previous years
- Shootings spike during May in Philadelphia; still behind last year’s pace
- Fewer shooting victims reported during June in Philadelphia
- Multiple-victim incidents dominate Philadelphia gun violence summary for July
At top of page: Police gather at the scene of a shooting where a man was critically wounded last month, on North 25th Street near North College Avenue in North Philadelphia. Photograph for the Gun Crisis Reporting Project by Joseph Kaczmarek.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.