Loved ones and neighbors look on as police investigate the scene where a teenager was shot to death Tuesday night in the Hartranft section of Philadelphia. Photographs for the Gun Crisis Reporting Project by Joseph Kaczmarek.
Medics pronounced a 17-year-old dead at the scene after he was shot multiple times around 8:45 p.m. Tuesday on a basketball court at the John F. Hartranft School, on West Cumberland Street near North 8th Street.
Police said that officers on patrol responded to the scene after hearing gunshots, according to the Philadelphia Daily News. Witnesses told police that as many as 100 people were attending a cookout in the area at the time of the shooting, according to a report from Fox29. Police told 6ABC that the suspect fired at least ten shots but no other injuries were reported.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.