Police rushed a 28-year-old man to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was listed in critical condition after he was shot twice in the stomach around 10:45 p.m. Tuesday, on McClellan Street near 6th Street in the Southwark section of South Philadelphia.
The victim was wounded when a gunman opened fire on a crowd, according to a video report from NBC10.
A 9-year-old boy and a 28-year-old man were wounded in separate shootings reported earlier Tuesday in Philadelphia. Eight people were gunned down in shooting incidents reported Monday in Philadelphia, as we previously detailed in our holiday weekend live blog.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.