Above: Star Watson grieves at the scene after police found a body inside a burning car Wednesday night in Olney. She said she believed the victim was her missing 24-year-old brother. Photographs for the Gun Crisis Reporting Project by Joseph Kaczmarek.
The body of an unidentified man was found in a car which had been set on fire around 7:45 p.m. Wednesday on North Lawrence Street, near West Godfrey Avenue and North 4th Street in the Olney section of Philadelphia.
Police believed the fire was related to a shooting reported four hours earlier and just two blocks away, according to a Philadelphia Daily News report. Officers had responded to the report of a shooting on Roselyn Street near 4th Street around 4 p.m., but did not find a victim, according to a report from 6ABC, which added that witness said a passenger was wounded in a black car which then drove away.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.