Neighbors look on as police investigate the shooting scene early Monday in Harrowgate. Photographs for the Gun Crisis Reporting Project by Joseph Kaczmarek.
Responding officers rushed a wounded woman to Temple University Hospital, where she was listed in critical condition after police were called to Braddock Street near East Tioga Street in the Harrowgate section of Philadelphia and found the victim on the front steps of a home around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Police said they found ten fired shell casings near the victim, who had suffered several abdominal wounds. Two men had opened fire on the woman, according to a report from NBC10. Friends of the victim were also sitting outside but were not wounded, according to CBS3.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.