Two men and a woman were wounded in a shooting late Sunday on South Paxon Street near Greenway Avenue in the Kingsessing section of Philadelphia. According to police, officers responded to reports of gunfire at the location and found a 49-year-old man with four gunshot wounds, a 21-year-old man with a single gunshot wound and a 28-year-old woman who had also been shot once.
All three victims were taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where the older man was listed in critical condition and the other two victims were reported stable, according to police. Investigators said they found 21 pieces of ballistic evidence at the scene.
Altogether, 13 people were shot in six incidents reported Sunday in Philadelphia.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.