Two more men have been wounded in separate shooting incidents reported early Monday:
A 20-year-old man was listed in critical condition at Einstein Medical Center after he was shot in the backshortly before 5 a.m. Monday in the area of 66th Avenue and North 2nd Street in the Oak Lane section of Philadelphia. Police said the man was struck during an attempted robbery, according to 6ABC.
Police rushed a 31-year-old man to Einstein after he was shot in the back around 5:30 a.m. on Old York Road near Church Lane in Ogontz. The victim had managed to run to the police station for help, according to a brief report from 6ABC.
The latest shootings bring the total number to 109 victims tracked by the Gun Crisis Reporting Project this month in Philadelphia. We followed reports of 100 shooting victims in Philadelphia during the entire month of August.
Last week we reported on 40 shooting victims from Sunday through Saturday, exceeding the 30 victims we followed during the first seven days of September.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.