Three men are dead and 11 people have been wounded in 11 shooting incidents reported in Philadelphia between Monday morning and early Wednesday. (View the interactive map.)
Two men were wounded in a shooting reported around 12:30 a.m. Wednesday on West Wellens Street, near North 3rd Street and Fisher Avenue in the Olney section of Philadelphia. Both victims, ages 20 and 23, were listed in stable condition at Einstein Medical Center.
But a new outbreak of gun violence has left 14 people wounded or killed in Philadelphia since Monday morning, as we have been reporting:
• Shooter wounds man Monday morning in Fairhill
• Man wounded Monday night in North Philadelphia
• Barbershop owner critically wounded in Castor Monday night
• Man killed, two women wounded in overnight shootings
• Man killed in car Tuesday afternoon in Eastwick
• Fatal shooting reported Tuesday in Southwest Philadelphia
• Four men wounded in three shootings Tuesday night
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.