Two men were wounded — one fatally — in separate shootings reported about one hour and two miles apart overnight in the Kensington section of Philadelphia.
A 27-year-old man was shot to death just before 2:30 a.m. on East Ontario Street near Kensington Avenue in the Harrogate section of Kensington. Medics rushed him to Temple University Hospital but he did not survive.
According to 6ABC, a woman told police she went out and found her boyfriend shot in the head after he had gone to the store but did not return. Several stray bullets struck nearby homes during the incident, according to a CBS3 report.
A 26-year-old man was listed in stable condition at Temple after he was shot in the hand around 3:45 a.m. on North Water Street near Indiana Avenue and Front Street in Kensington.
Five men were wounded — one fatally — in separate shootings we reported across Philadelphia one night earlier.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the #GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.