A 57-year-old man was shot in the arm and stomach around 7:30 p.m. Thursday in a rear driveway on Alton Street, around the corner from the intersection of Surrey and Krewstown Roads in the Bustleton section of Philadelphia.
According to police, officers found the victim while responding to numerous 911 calls reporting gunshots, and took another man into custody at the scene. Medics rushed the wounded man to Einstein Medical Center.
Police told NBC10 that at least 20 bullets hit two neighboring homes. Police told The Philadelphia Inquirer that they found at least 28 shell casings at the scene. The victim was reported in critical condition, according to CBS3.
Man shot seven times in North Philadelphia
Another man was wounded in a shooting reported earlier, around 6:30 p.m. Thursday on North Uber Street, near Cecil B. Moore Avenue and North 20th Street in North Philadelphia.
The 33-year-old victim drove himself to Temple University Hospital after he was shot seven times.
As we previously reported, a critically wounded man drove himself to Temple after he was shot in the face Wednesday night.
Earlier this month, two separate shooting incidents were reported on the same night on other other blocks of North Uber Street. A man was killed and woman was wounded in a North Philadelphia incident, just a few blocks north of the latest scene, and another woman was wounded further away in Logan.
Friday: New shooting in Tacony
No shootings were reported during the overnight hours but an 18-year-old man was wounded Friday morning on Torresdale Avenue near Knorr Street in the Tacony section of the city. He was listed in stable condition with a leg wound at the ARIA Health Torresdale Campus.
The latest Philadelphia Police update reports 213 homicides to date this year, reflecting an increase of 11 victims, more than five percent ahead of last year’s pace.
Posted by Jim MacMillan.
If you need to find help or would like to lend your support, please look into the organizations listed under our Network tab at left. If you would like us to add your group to our list, please email us.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: (215) 882-9867
- Raise your voice on GunCrisis.org
- Lend your ideas to the #phillypeaceplan
- Recent Posts from GunCrisis.org
- Philadelphia and regional alerts on Twitter @GunCrisisNews
- National incidents and issues on Twitter @GunCrisisUS
- Follow the <a href="https://twitter viagra deutschland rezeptfrei.com/search?q=%23guncrisis&src=typd&f=realtime” target=”_blank”>#GunCrisis hashtag
- Like Facebook/guncrisis to get our posts in your news feed
- Circle us at Google+
- Subscribe for free to get every post
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter
- Subscribe for free incident text alerts
- Listen to Philadelphia Police radio online
- Search GunCrisis.org at the bottom of any individual post.
The Gun Crisis Reporting Project is an award-winning, independent, nonprofit journalism community striving to illuminate the epidemic of homicide by gunfire in Philadelphia — and to find solutions.